Gun Guides Takedown Guide "M1 Carbine" Book
Excerpt from this Guide:
A brief history of the M1 Carbine
The US Carbine, Caliber .30, M1 served as a lightweight semi-automatic carbine for the US Military from July 1942 ~ the 1960's. The M2 (selective fire and fully automatic) and the M3 (active infrared scope system) are not covered in this Guide. In 1941, the Ordnance Department requested that US firearm companies and designers compete to develope a smaller and handier weapon for service troops such as truck drivers, medics, and paratroopers. The new .30 M1 cartridge was designed for an effective range of 300 yards using a round-nose 110 grain buller. Most agree that the effective combat range is about 200 yards.
Although Winchester was awarded the initial contract in September 1941, the Inland Divison of General Motors turned out to be the largest producer of M1 Carbines. A total of over 6 million M1 Carbines were produced by several contractors such as IBM, Underwood Typewritter Company, and the Rock-Ola Jukebox Company. The most rare are the Irwin-Peterson models with just over 4,000 produced.
At first glance, the M1 Carbine appears to be smaller version of the US M1 Garand rifle. The M1 Carbine has a different gas system, trigger mechanism design, and is fed by a detachable magazine....
Shipping Weight: 0.075 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
XProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- Frankford Arsenal Perfect Fit Reloading Tray... $5.99 Select Options
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Bullet Comparator Basic Set with 6 Inserts... $29.99 Available
- Marble's Sight Notch Piece and Screw for Folding Leaf Sight... $2.09 Available
- Tipton Rifle Cleaning Jag Brass... $2.19 - $2.69 Select Options
- MidwayUSA Gun Sock Pistol Silicone-Treated Polyester Blend... $3.99 - $17.99 Select Options
- MidwayUSA Gun Sock Rifle Silicone-Treated Polyester Blend Gray... $4.99 - $20.99 Select Options
- Collector's Armoury Replica Old West Antique Sheriff Badge... $4.99 Available
- Competition Electronics ProChrono Pal Chronograph... $99.99 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 12 Gauge Tungsten Propulsion Systems (TPS)... $10.99 Available
- Collector's Armoury Replica Old West Antique Texas Ranger... $4.99 Available
- Champion Magazine with Loader Ruger 10/22 25-Round Polymer... $39.99 Available
- BPI Shotshell Overshot Cards 12 Gauge .030" Thick Bag of 500... $6.99 Available