This barrel includes the patented SwitchBlock adjustable gas block. The SwitchBlock has three positions: Unsuppressed, Suppressed, and Off. The block's suppressed setting greatly reduces the amount of excess gas, carbon and fouling produced when a silencer is installed at the muzzle, as well as significantly improving reliability. Gas flow adjustments are made by simply depressing the locking plunger and rotating the selector drum to the desired position.
All Noveske match barrels have a medium contour, bead-blasted satin finish, M4 extended feed ramps, and are threaded at the muzzle for the addition of flash hiders, muzzle brakes and/or sound suppressors. Each barrel is shipped with a pinned, low profile gas block, gas tube and barrel extension. This SPR 18" barrel has an intermediate length gas system, which is 1.5" shorter than a rifle length gas system. The intermediate position is optimal for an 18" barrel since it maintains reliability while also keeping the gas port pressure lower than shorter systems for a smoother recoil impulse.
- Length: 18"
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7" Polygonal Rifling
- Chamber: 5.56 Match Mod O
- Contour: Medium
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Gas Port Location: Intermediate (1.5" less than Rifle)
- Barrel Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Extras: SwitchBlock Adjustable Gas Block, Gas Tube
- Weight: 40 oz
- Noveske Match Stainless Barrels use a proprietary 1" long gas block that comes installed from the factory. Standard AR-15 front sight bases (1.9" long) are NOT compatible.
- The SwitchBlock uses a straight gas tube and is NOT compatible with many low profile tubular handguards or quad rail systems. However, a handguard of 11.3" in length or shorter will fit behind the SwitchBlock.