This NST upper includes a 13.5" long Noveske NSR-13.5 handguard with the proprietary KeyMod rail system and, with an outside diameter of only 1.48" (without accessories attached), is one of the slimmest, lightest, customizable handguards available for the AR-15 platform. The NSR free floats the barrel for greater accuracy potential and provides a full length, continuous top rail for the addition of optics and/or accessories (additional add-on rail sections sold separately). KeyMod accessories are quick and easy to install along the handguard's length, and don't require that the NSR be removed from the upper in order to attach or detach them. All KeyMod system accessories use captured backing plates that are inserted into an unused key-slot hole and then tightened into place via an allen wrench, eliminating the tedious and frustrating procedure of fishing separate backer plates down the interior of a handguard and securing them with loose fasteners as required by most competing modular forearm designs.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Lightweight
- Barrel Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Bead-Blasted Satin Gray
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7" Polygonal
- Chamber: 5.56 Match Mod O
- Bolt Carrier: Mil-Spec
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: SJC Titan Compensator
- Gas System Length: Mid
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: NSR-13.5, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Extras: Forged Charging Handle
- Weight: 4 lbs, 4.6 oz
Note: All Noveske 5.56mm uppers are test fired with Black Hills ammunition at their facility before shipment.