TOPS Knives B.O.B. Fixed Blade Knife 4.5" Drop Point 1095 High Carbon Alloy Blade Canvas Micarta Handle Tan
The Fieldcraft Knife is the culmination of their knowledge, combining experiences from; the broad and humid rain forests, the arid and scorpion-littered deserts, and the frigid northern lands that span the Americas.
The knife is ten inches long in total, with a blade length of four and a half inches. This makes a compact, but extremely serviceable knife. The Fieldcraft's blade is 3/16" thick, and made of 1095 High Carbon steel. The cutting edge is a modified Scandinavian Grind, which is very effective for carving, skinning and other general woods work. With a rockwell hardness of 56-58, the ease of sharpening is astounding. That is if you ever get to sharpen the blade. As the hardness and edge geometry work beautifully together to make a long lasting edge.
The handle is one of the most ergonomic ones on the market, sporting several useful additions. Although knives with a lot of frills often end up lacking, the additional items found on the Fieldcraft knife were selected from experience and critiqued in every step of design, development and production. Being made of canvas micarta, the handle will never let you down. The bow drill divot on the handle is frictionless and makes starting those primitive fires almost effortless. The "Thumb Scallops", formed on the hilt of the handle offer more comfort and control when using specialized carving and skinning grips. The pommel of the blade is simply the tang of the knife exposed enough to allow impact from a baton to not effect the handle (though the micarta is definitely tough enough to take such abuse). On the exposed pommel, you will find a scraper specially designed by one of The Brothers of Bushcraft, for striking Ferro rods in a safe and efficient manner.
The sheath is a strong, durable Kydex, with a steel belt clip. This arrangement allows a safe, secure and comfortable carry on the belt, pack strap, or even around the neck. With a built in Ferro-rod attachment point, the sheath now doubles as a minimalist survival kit.
From carving netting needles and trap triggers, to splitting logs in two, the TOPS Knives/Brothers of Bushcraft Fieldcraft Knife will do just about any chore that you can throw at her in a wilderness survival scenario.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Fixed
- Blade Steel: 1095 High Carbon
- Handle Material: Canvas Micarta
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Serrated: No
- Carry Options: Kydex Sheath
- Blade Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Rockwell Hardness: 56-58
- Blade length: 4.5"
- Blade Thickness:0.188"
- Overall Length: 10"
- Made in The USA
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
- Benchmade 162 Bushcrafter Fixed Blade Knife 4.43" Drop Point...
- Benchmade Hunt 15001-2 Saddle Mountain Skinner Fixed Blade... View More Options
- Ontario RAT-3 Fixed Blade Knife 3-1/2" Drop Point 1095 Black... View More Options
- ESEE Knives ESEE-4 Fixed Blade Knife 4.5" Drop Point 1095... View More Options
- ESEE Knives ESEE-3 Fixed Blade Knife 3.88" Drop Point 1095... View More Options
- Benchmade 140 Nimravus Knife 4.5" Serrated 154CM Stainless... View More Options
- TOPS Knives Urban Defender Fixed Blade Tactical Knife 5" Spear...
- TOPS Knives Pathfinder School Knife Fixed Blade Tactical Knife...