Green Mountain Barrel Mauser Series 3 308 Winchester F54 Contour 1 in 10" Twist 24" Fluted Stainless Steel
- Loctite Anti-Seize Grease Silver 20 gm Stick... $6.69 Available
- PTG Headspace Go Gage 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08... $30.49 Available
- PTG Headspace No-Go Gage 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08... $30.49 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Action Wrench #1 Mauser, Remington 798,... $58.99 Available
- PTG Solid Pilot Chamber Finish Reamer 308 Winchester... $103.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
Installation of these barrels is well within the realm of a "bench top" project, and machinery such as a lathe is typically not required, but they are not a drop-in fit. The specialized tools required, such as chamber reamers, can all be hand powered. Jerry Kuhnhausen's book, The Mauser Bolt Actions: M91 Through M98, A Shop Manual (#661-999) is a superbly illustrated how-to reference for this project.
Furnished "in the white" this barrel will require finish chambering by an experienced gunsmith. Fits most Large Ring (1-3/8") Mauser model 98s as well as Centurion, FN, Interarms Mark X, and many others with 1.100" x 12tpi.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.