"Serbian and Yugoslav Mauser Rifles" Book by Branko Bogdanovic
Publisher:North Cape Publications
Publication Date: June 2005
Number of pages: 278
From the publisher:
Few realize it but an obscure little Balkan country which had recently gained its independence from the Ottoman Empire, played a profound role in the development of the Mauser rifle. Serbia's purchase of the Model 1871 rifle came just in time to save the Mauser company from bankruptcy. It became the Serbian Model 1880. Among other innovations for which Serbian designers were responsible was the famous "ring-of-steel" which provided complete support for the cartridge base, and which was introduced into the Gew.M1898 rifle in 1905. Serbia, later renamed Yugoslavia, also helped develop the "intermediate-ring" Mauser action.
Yugoslav Mausers - Models 1924-52C (C with an breve --"v" diacritical mark), Model 24/47 and Model 1948 - are prized collectors items. Mr. Bogdanovic's book is the first in English to provide a complete discussion of these, and every other "Yugoslav" Mauser rifles from 1880 to the present, including all sniper rifles, hunting and target rifles and .22 sporting rifles. In Serbian and Yugoslav Mauser Rifles, each model is discussed in its own chapter. All serial numbers are presented by year. All markings are presented and translated and all finishes and changes to all models are described in text and charts and well illustrated with both photographs and excellent drawings for clarity.
These are the rifles that proved so deadly to the Nazi occupiers in World War II in the hands of the famous Yugoslav "partisans."
Branko Bogdanovic is a well-known European gunwriter and has written several books on firearms as well as dozens of magazine articles. He is also a writer and researcher for the Zastava Arms Factory in Kragujevac, Serbia; a member of the Advisory Board of the National Military Museum, Belgrade, Serbia; and a researcher for the Ministry of the Interior.
- Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod (Protects 100 Cubic Feet) 110v... $8.50 - $23.99 View More Options
- "British Enfield Rifles, Volume 2: Lee-Enfield Number 4 and... $14.99 Available
- "The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalashnikov Rifles and Their Variations"... $16.99 Available
- Gun Guides Takedown Guide "Mauser Rifles 98k, M48 & All... $6.49 Available
- "British Enfield Rifles, Volume 1 2nd Edition: SMLE (Number 1)... $14.99 Available
- "7.92mm Kar 98K Mauser" Handbook... $7.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "Swiss Magazine Loading Rifles 1869 to 1958" Book by Joe Poyer... $17.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Radocy Takedown Guide "Russian M44 Carbine"... $7.99 Special Order