Remington Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge SP10 1-5/8 to 2 oz Bag of 250
- BPI Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge Pattern Driver 3-1/2" 2-1/2 oz Bag... $16.29 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge Multi-Metal 3-1/2" 1-5/8 oz Bag of... $11.49 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge BPD-10 Tuff 3-1/2" 1-1/2 oz Steel... $16.29 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge Deci-Max 3-1/2" 1-3/8 oz Bag of... $11.99 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 10 Gauge Tungsten Propulsion Systems (TPS)... $10.59 Closeout Special
Length: 2 1/2" (for use in 3 1/2" shells)
Wads are essential for shotshell reloading. They fill extra space in the hull to make sure there is no room for the shot and powder to move around. They also act as a barrier between the powder and shot charges to ensure proper powder ignition, protect the shot from hot gasses and seal gasses behind the shot so that it can be propelled down the barrel. The wad also acts as a dual barrier to protect the barrel from becoming damaged by hard shot and to protect soft shot from becoming deformed by contact with hard barrel steel.