- Includes a new production 50 caliber ammunition can
- Produced for a government contract
- Made for quick deployment military needs
- Each ammo can is sealed at the Lake City plant to ensure tampering hasn't taken place
This Federal Lake City Ammunition has been loaded to true NATO specifications. This is the same ammunition that is currently being used by the US Military and meets strict quality assurance standards and specifications. Packaged in a new, sealed, Mil-Spec reusable metal 50 caliber ammo can closed with a tamper-evident seal. The SS109 bullet is a steel penetrator tipped, lead core bullet complete with the standard green paint used to designate penetrator tip ammunition. This ammunition is non-corrosive in boxer-primed, reloadable brass cases.
Please Note: While the 5.56x45mm NATO will fit in a 223 Remington chamber, the 5.56 is a military round that runs at higher pressures than its 223 counterpart and is not recommended to be fired in 223 Remington chambers.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Bullet Weight: 62 Grains
- Bullet Style: SS109 FMJ Penetrator
- Case Type: Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 3020 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 1256 ft lbs