The DDM4v7 LW comes equipped with the new Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 Modular Rail Handguard system for adding tactical accessories while also free floating the barrel for increased accuracy potential. With the exception of a full length, uninterrupted top rail surface that accommodates virtually any desired sighting arrangement, the MFR's body is a small diameter modular tube that will accept add-on rail sections only where the shooter needs them for accessories. This allows the handguard to remain snag-free, uncluttered and devoid of unused rail space, making for a more comfortable off-hand point of contact than full-length quad rail designs. The 12" handguard covers a pinned, low profile gas block at the Mid-Length gas port position, offering the dual benefits of a longer sight radius and increased gas dwell time for a softer recoil impulse upon firing. The upper comes complete and ready to shoot with a charging handle assembly, Daniel Defense Flash Hider, and 3 Modular Picatinny Rail Sections.
- Upper Receiver: A4 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Lightweight
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: Yes
- Barrel Finish: Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Hider (1.875")
- Gas System Length: Mid
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.625"
- Handguard: MFR 12.0 Modular Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Mil-Spec
- Extras: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block, 3 Modular Rail Sections
- Weight: 3 lbs, 10.1 oz
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.