Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special 125 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $10.29 Available
- Caldwell Pistolero Pistol Shooting Rest... $34.49 Available
- Caldwell Plink N' Swing Swinging Target Twin-Spin 45 Caliber... $27.49 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 12"x18" Self-Adhesive Silhouette... $10.29 - $146.99 Select Options
- Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XDM 9mm Luger 19-Round... $27.99 Available
- Winchester Super-X Ammunition 410 Bore 2-1/2" 000 Buckshot 3... $6.19 - $289.99 Select Options
- Hornady Critical Duty Ammunition 40 S&W 175 Grain FlexLock Box... $22.49 Available
- Black Hills Ammunition 9mm Luger 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow... $14.57 Available
- Cor-Bon Self-Defense Ammunition 40 S&W 135 Grain Jacketed... $20.86 Available
- Remington Target Ammunition 32 S&W Long 98 Grain Lead Round... $30.99 Available
- Hornady Critical Defense Ammunition 38 Special +P 110 Grain... $20.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 40 S&W 125 Grain Barnes TAC-XP Hollow... $32.99 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) +P 260 Grain... $34.99 - $74.99 Select Options
- Winchester Supreme Elite Self Defense Ammunition 45 ACP 230... $21.59 - $206.99 Select Options
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Buffalo Bore Heavy 38 Special Ammunition:
Due to customer demand, we've developed this defensive 38SPL ammo. Our customers wanted some devastating 38SPL loads that would fill the following criteria.
1. It won't hurt older/fragile/alloy revolvers. (Non +P)
2. Is effective as a "fight stopper" through the use of proper bullets.
3. Is more powerful than typical/standard, weak 38SPL ammo.
4. Generate much less recoil than our +P 38SPL ammo.
5. Is flash suppressed.
Buffalo Bore is introducing these three different heavy, yet standard pressure loadings for 38 SPL. These offerings are loaded at standard pressure, but they are much more powerful than normal 38SPL ammo. These loads will not harm older more fragile revolvers. So, these loads are safe for use in ANY 38 SPL revolver, provided it is in normal working condition. As stated above, the "POWER" level of these loads is really closer to a typical +P power level, but the pressure is standard. We are able to develop these powerful standard pressure loads with modern non-canister powders. Again, these loads recoil far less than our +P 38 SPL ammo.
Item 20E utilizes a Jacketed Hollow Point 125 gr. Jacketed hollow nose bullet. This bullet is designed to expand at low speeds and has no problem opening up at considerably less velocity than our advertised 900 fps, from two inch barrels. Penetration is roughly 12 inches. Note my test velocities below from real world, "over the counter" revolvers - NOT TEST BARRELS!