RCBS Reloader Special-5 Explorer Plus Single Stage Press Kit
So what is included with the Explorer Plus Reloading Kit? This kit includes all of the following items:
- Reloader Special-5 Single Stage Reloading Press, this press features 3-3/4" hand clearance, 30 degree opening offset, primer arm and the ability to be converted to a progressive press in the future
- Uniflow Powder Measure throws consistent, accurate charges uniformly from the measuring cylinder into the cartridge case. Charges are easy to change from charge to charge without having to empty the hopper. The measuring cylinder is precision ground and slides into a precision honed main casting for a tight fit. 100 grain charging capacity. Standard 7/8"-14 threads, includes a stand plate which is drilled for mounting on a bench or under a die lock ring. Comes with two drop tubes for 22 caliber and up.
- 1,500 Grain Digital Pocket Scale, 1500 grain capacity, +/- 0.1 grain accuracy, Tare, mode and on/off key functions. LCD readout with blue backlight. Displays in grains, grams, ounces, carats and DWT, Automatically turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity to save battery life. Ships with two AAA batteries a scale pan, check weight and has a limited one year warranty.
- Nosler 7th Edition Reloading Manual, which is the latest most extensive Nosler manual to date. It contains 864 pages of information on favorite classic cartridges and popular new calibers like the 300 AAC Blackout, 17 Fireball, 308 Marlin Express, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel, 30 T/C and many more. Also includes data for Nosler's latest bullet lines and detailed step-by-step explanations of the reloading sequence perfect for the novice and experience reloader.
- Hand Priming Tool, which features a patented safety mechanism that separates the seating operation from the primer supply. This virtually eliminates the possibility of a tray detonation. Comes with large and small primer plugs. Tool can hold 100 primers.
- Universal Case Loading Block, double-sided design that has 25 holes on each side for loading a variety of calibers.
- Deburring Tool, that quickly and easily chamfers and deburrs case mouths. Just insert the pointed end into the case mouth and a few twists of the wrist a nice chamfer will be created, film the toll around and use the same process to remove any exterior burrs from the case mouth.
- Powder Funnel, fits cases from 22 to 45 caliber with a specially designed drop tube that helps to avoid messy powder spills around the case mouth while the non-stick, anti-static surface prevents powder from sticking to the sides.
- Case Slick Spray Lube, flows easily over the surface of brass providing uniform coverage helping eliminate the possibility of denting case shoulders.
- Powder Trickler-2, Great tool for any reloader looking to trickle that final amount of powder into their powder pan to get the perfect weight charge. Designed specifically to work with electronic scales. Also features and adjustable height, non-skid base and powder tube extension.
- Advanced Powder Measure Stand, made from cast aluminum is used designed to elevate any standard 7/8"-14 powder measure above the reloading bench for a better view of the powder dispensing process (Stand is not threaded, the powder measure is held in place with die lock rings)
- Pow'r Pull Bullet Puller, this impact bullet puller is made from a solid one piece body, innovative 3-jaw chuck that grips the case rim. To pull bullets the tool needs to be tapped on a solid surface (like a hammer), until the bullet separates from the case. Will work with most centerfire cartridges from 5.7x28mm FN to Remington Ultra Magnum family of cartridges.
- Stainless Steel Dial Caliper, excellent tool for taking accurate measurements. Constructed from stainless steel with an easy to read dial. Each revolution of the dial is 0.100" with a range of 0-6"
- Small Uniflow Measuring Cylinder, the small measuring chamber is used for reloaders needing to throw small powder charges. Will throw charges between 0 and 50 grains.
- Sixe die lock rings, are constructed from steel and allows the reloader to setup dies and lock the settings in place so when removed and reinstalled dies do not have to be recalibrated. (Fit standard 7/8"-14 threaded dies)
- Number 2, 3, 4, 10 and 43 Shellholders, shellholders are made from high-quality steel and fit virtually any single stage reloading press. These five shellholders are the holders that fit the most popular reloading calibers, specific fit information can be found in the link below or by consulting our Master Catalog or calling our friendly customer service line for assistance.
Press Type: Single Stage
Frame Material: High Strength Aircraft Aluminum
Frame Design: O-Frame
Frame Offset: 30 degrees
Frame Opening Size: 3-3/4"
Handle Location: Center
Die Size Accepted: Standard 7/8"-14 threaded die
Die Bushing Accepted: No
Die Bushing Brand Used: N/A
Spent Primer Collection System: Yes
Priming Feature: Priming Arm with both large and small primer cups
Number of Mounting Holes:
Mounting Hardware Included: No
Warranty: Lifetime warranty for the home reloader, warranty does not cover equipment used for commercial purposes.
Notes: May be upgraded to a progressive loader with the addition of the Piggyback-3 Conversion Unit (sold separately)
Shipping Weight: 23.700 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: YesXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions:XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
- Cannot ship via air
- Cannot ship via USPS
- Cannot ship to PO Box
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- RCBS Shellholder #3 (308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, 45... $4.61 Available
- RCBS Shellholder #10 (17 Remington, 204 Ruger, 223 Remington)... $4.61 Available
- MTM Peel and Stick Reloader's Labels Rifle/Handgun Package of... $4.69 Available
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 22-250 Remington, 243 Winchester, 308... $3.89 Select Options
- RCBS Shellholder #16 (30 Luger, 9mm Luger, 9mm Makarov)... $4.61 Available
- RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Single Stage Press Kit... $289.99 Available
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Single Stage Press Kit... $309.99 Available
- RCBS Reloader Special-5 Explorer Single Stage Press Kit... $289.99 Available
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Single Stage Press Deluxe Kit... $496.99 Available
- Lyman Crusher 2 Single Stage Press Deluxe Expert Kit ... $396.99 - $405.99 Select Options
- Magpul PMAG M3 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington Black... $13.25 - $18.95 Select Options
- RCBS Formula 1 Brass Cleaning Media Walnut Hull 5 lb... $13.79 Available
- RCBS Vibratory Case Tumbler 110 Volt... $76.99 Available
- RCBS Case Lube Kit... $17.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler ... $38.99 - $52.99 Select Options
- Hornady Shellholder #8 (30 Luger, 38 Super, 9mm Luger)... $2.71 Available
- Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 17 Remington Box of 100... $85.99 Available
- RCBS Primer Pocket Brush ... $6.19 Select Options
- Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #1001 30 Luger, 380 ACP,... $3.09 Select Options
- Lapua Reloading Brass 30-06 Springfield Box of 100... $100.99 Available
- RCBS Flash Hole Deburring Tool 22 Caliber... $11.49 Available
- RCBS Shellholder #27 (357 Sig, 40 S&W, 10mm Auto)... $4.61 Available