"The M16/AR-15 Rifle: A Shooter's and Collector's Guide 3rd Edition" Book by Joe Poyer
Reporter, expert commentator, author. Joe Poyer has experience in all three. Once the voice for a History Channel series and Military Affairs Analyst for a Los Angeles TV station, Poyer is best known for writing and co-writing several books on modern military firearms. The most popular are the "Shooter's and Collector's Guide" series. MidwayUSA is pleased to offer some of those books to our customers. Check back for more titles as more and more are published.
Publisher: Not listed
Date of Publication: 2000
Number of Pages: 134
From the publisher:
The M16 has been the nation's military rifle since 1964, longer than any other military rifle. During those 36 years, it has been carried in combat and on peacekeeping missions by American, allied and friendly soldiers to every corner of the world.
The civilian version, the AR15 rifle, has been manufactured in the hundreds of thousands by more than a dozen different companies. It is the current National Match Service Rifle and the most popular target match rifle in use today.
The M16/AR15 Rifles by Joe Poyer provides a detailed examination of this famous rifle in both its military and civilian versions. Following a history of its development and the evolution of military tactics that guided its design, a comprehensive part-by-part examination of the rifle is provided.
Markings and codes for military and civilian rifles and carbines are deciphered and a six page table lists all models by all manufacturers currently in production, with specific features.
For those interested in competition, three AR15s were custom-built; a spacegun for long range bench rest matches, a service match rifle that complies with all current OCM and NRA competition rules and a .22 rimfire AR15 rifle that is not only amazingly accurate but is legal in California and other states that ban large capacity magazine, centerfire, semiautomatic rifles. The design and building process is thoroughly described for those wishing to build their own match rifles.
The M16/AR15 rifle is the last military rifle that Americans will be allowed to own. The M16's replacement, which incorporates a 20 mm grenade launcher, is already well-advanced in testing and is due to be introduced by mid-decade. But the AR15 rifle will remain the national match service rifle far into the foreseeable future.
The book is illustrated with over three hundred photos and drawings, is 8 x 10.5 inches in size, perfect bound and 134 pages in length.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 0.950 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.