The Zeolite beads are chemically inert and speed the clotting process to provide a stable blood clot much faster that simple direct pressure. Additionally, the 2nd Generation Zeolite Beads in the QuikClot ACS have been partially hydrated to mitigate heat generation that was a common complaint from the 1st Generation product. One final benefit of the Advanced Clotting Sponge (ACS) is that, unlike the 1st generation granular formula, the ACS can be applied in any direction, which is a major plus in the event of a vehicle accident.
Trauma Pak includes the following:
- 25 Gram QuikClot Sport clotting sponge (3.5" x 3.5")
- Sterile Gauze Dressing 2" x 2" Package of 2
- Sterile Gauze Dressing 4" x 4" Package of 2
- Conforming Gauze Bandage 3"
- Trauma Pad 5" x 9"
- Pair of Nitrile Gloves
- Triangular Bandage
- After Cuts Antiseptic Wipe x 4