Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Mid-Length Light Contour 1 in 8" Twist 16" Chrome-Moly Black Nitride
- DPMS Gas Tube AR-15, LR-308... $12.99 - $13.49 Select Options
- Yankee Hill Machine Crush Washer AR-15... $1.99 Available
- DPMS Gas Tube Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- VooDoo Innovations Gas Tube AR-15 LifeCoat... $17.66 - $24.66 Select Options
- Del-Ton Gas Tube AR-15, LR-308... $12.99 - $13.49 Select Options
- DPMS Flash Hider A2 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Matte... $6.49 Available
- Del-Ton Gas Tube Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $0.97 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #510 25-06 Remington, 270... $2.99 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Handguard AR-15... $28.45 - $37.95 Select Options
- MidwayUSA Tactical Rifle Case with 6 Pockets... $16.28 - $24.99 Select Options
- DoubleStar Upper Receiver Assembled AR-15 A3 Flat-Top Matte... $124.99 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Gas Block Low Profile Clamp-On AR-15,... $32.99 Available
All of Bergara's AR-15 Barrels are precision machined to the strictest of tolerances in order to produce the superior accuracy and performance for which Bergara Barrels are known. Bergara's 4-step barrel manufacturing process begins with a cylindrical bar of solid 4140 chrome moly steel that gets straightened to a tolerance spec of .004", deep drilled to the appropriate diameter, polished with 3 separate diamond-tipped honing spindles to a mirror finish, and then finally button rifled to the correct twist rate. This advanced machining technology and attention to detail results in an affordable production barrel that performs like one produced by custom shop at double the price. Each Bergara barrel comes with a manufacturer's guarantee that the customer will be 100 percent satisfied in terms of fit, finish and overall performance.
This barrel has been finished inside and out with a protective black nitride treatment that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. The salt bath nitride finishing process deposits an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered with chrome due to its uneven application inside the barrel's bore.
This 16" AR-15 barrel features a 5.56x45mm NATO chamber for use with both commercial 223 Remington and military surplus 5.56x45mm NATO ammunition, while its 1 in 8" twist rifling is capable of stabilizing light to medium weight projectiles of up to about 69 grains. It feature's Bergara's Light contour, which means the barrel is thinner under the handguards and features a straight taper from the gas block forward. 1/2"-28 threading at the muzzle for the addition of a flash hider, muzzle brake or sound suppressor. Barrel is fully chambered and includes a pre-installed barrel extension with M4 feed ramps and locator pin.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Contour: M4
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Mid Length
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"
Shipping Weight: 2.500 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
XProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.