Buffalo Bore Ammunition 45-70 Government 300 Grain Triple-Shock X Bullet Flat Nose Lead-Free Box of 20
- MidwayUSA Buttstock Rifle Ammunition Carrier 9-Round Elastic... $4.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $10.29 Available
- MTM Ammunition Travel-Survivor Dry Box 10" x 7" x 5"... $12.49 Select Options
- NRA Official High Power Rifle Target MR-52 200 Yard Slow Fire... $35.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Safari Press Perfect Shot Target Buffalo 24" x 36" Package of... $9.19 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Its use should be limited to the following firearms: All Marlin 1895 (1895 Marlins are simply 336 actions, with a 45-70 barrel screwed on to them) iterations made since 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 copies, Rossi Rio Grande, New England Arms Handi Rifle, T/C Encore, ALL falling block actions made of modern steel such as the Ruger #1 and #3, Shiloh, Christian and Pedersoli Sharps, all Winchester 1886 iterations made since 1915 and all Siamese Mauser bolt actions.
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Buffalo Bore 45-70 Mag +P Ammunition:
This is a super powerful 45-70+P loading. It is externally identical to SAAMI spec. 45-70 ammo, but internally it generates FAR more power and pressure. So, our 45-70 ammo will fit/chamber into any 45-70 firearm. HOWEVER, its use should be limited to firearms that are built to take the +P pressures it generates.
We were not able to develop velocities as fast as we’d like because the long-for-weight all copper bullet crowds the limited powder capacity of the 45-70 casing. Still, 2200+ fps is screaming and is powerful and for those that understand the benefits of the all copper Barnes TSX bullet, it is a worthwhile trade off. As an added benefit to many shooters, this reduced velocity also means significant recoil reduction.
As always, we use real world firearms to generate our published velocities. We feel the industry wide duplicitous practice of generating advertised velocities from extra long laboratory barrels is dishonest to the customer as he/she will not be able to duplicate those velocities in the real world, where it matters.