Finished drop-in barrel will match the factory contour and is ready to be installed into the factory stock. Precision reamed, button rifled and air gauged to +/- .0005" to provide the competitive accuracy and constancy that has made Shilen famous. Shilen barrels have probably set more world records than any other barrel made, because so many shooters rely on them. Requires a Barrel Nut Wrench and Caliber-Specific Headspace Gauge for proper installation. Barrel tapers from 1.060" at the chamber to .800" at the muzzle.
- Precision Reamed
- Button Rifled
- Stress relieved and air gauged to + or - .0005"
- Finished Drop In Barrel (Ready to Be Installed)
- Match Factory Barrel Contour (will drop into existing stock)
- Requires Barrel Nut Wrench and Caliber-Specific Headspace Gauges for Proper Installation
- Barrel has a nominal thread diameter of 1.062"
- Barrels will fit non-magnum caliber Savage model 10, 11, 12, 16, 110, 111, 112, 114, 116 rifles.
- Barrels will fit magnum caliber Savage models listed above only if the action was originally chambered for belted magnums with a nominal .532" case head diameter such as the 300 Winchester Magnum.
- Barrel will not fit Savage large thread actions originally factory chambered for the Remington Ultra Magnum, Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum, Winchester Short Magnum, Winchester Super Short Magnum or Lazzeroni cartridges with a .550" or larger case head diameter.
Break-In Procedure: Clean after each shot for the first five shots. Then clean after every five shots for the next 50 shots.