Top 5 Baitcast Combos
The right rod and reel combination can make or break your next fishing trip. Baitcasting rigs, while they can be more advanced, do have several advantages over other rod and reel combos that make them worth using. When you choose to use a baitcaster, you can use heavier fishing and will be able to cast more accurately, helping you to catch bigger fish.
Lighter and more feature packed than ever before, the Abu Garcia ZATA Baitcast Combos are geared for performance. With a 10+1 bearing system, lightweight graphite frame and sideplates, and 24 Ton graphite construction, these sensitive, lightweight combos are perfect for most fishing styles.
- 10 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Graphite frame and sideplates
- Carbon Matrix™ drag system provides smooth consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Duragear brass gear for extended gear life
- Infini brake system allows almost limitless adjustability to handle any fishing situation
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
- 24 Ton graphite construction for a lightweight and balanced design
- Custom Winn Dri-Tac rear grip
- Texas rigged hook keeper
Boasting an eye-catching vivid red color, the Lew's Mach Smash Baitcast Combo is a rod and reel that is ready for duty. The Mach Smash SLP baitcast reel features a one-piece lightweight graphite frame with 3 drain ports, high strength solid brass Speed Gears, 8 bearing system a 32mm spool and a 95mm handle with Lew’s Combat Grip™ paddle knobs for full control. Featuring a thinner diameter blank, which decreases weight and bulk. Premium IM6 high modulus graphite blank, Lew’s exclusive skeletal reel seat, Winn® Dri-Tac™ grip with EVA butt section make this combo sensitive and comfortable to fish with.
- One-piece lightweight Super Low Profile (SLP) graphite frame and sideplates with 3 drain ports
- High strength solid brass Speed Gears, cut on precision Hamai CNC gear hobbing machines
- Premium 8 bearing system with stainless steel double shielded bearings and Zero Reverse® one-way clutch
- Externally adjustable Magnetic Control System (MCS)
- Machined, anodized, large capacity aluminum 32mm spool
- Graphite star drag
- Durable Rulon drag system, provides up to 15lbs. of drag power
- 95mm bowed, anodized, bowed aluminum handle with Lew’s® Combat Grip® paddle knobs
- Combat Grip® thumb bar
- Anodized, aluminum spool tension cap
- Zirconia line guide
- Premium 1-piece IM6 high modulus graphite blanks
- Lew’s exclusive graphite skeletal reel seat
- Winn® Dri-Tac grip with EVA butt
- Stainless steel guides with stainless steel inserts
- Patented “No Foul” hook keeper in the split
The Shimano Caius Baitcasting Combo pairs a compact, versatile, and durable bait-casting reel, designed with lightweight lure casting in mind, with a matching Shimano casting rod. The Super Free Spool improves casting performance and the improved 6-pin VBS (Variable Braking System) keeps backlash to a minimum with all weights and sizes of lures.
- 7'0 MH Fast Action Rod
- Cauis Baitcast Reel
- 3+1 Bearings
- VBS Braking technology
From an angling perspective, every individual who has owned and enjoyed using Shimano tackle has a reason to thank a Japanese visionary named Shozaburo Shimano, who in 1921 declared "I aim to make Shimano's products the best in Kansai, then the best in Japan, and finally the best in the world." For over 80 years, Shimano has concentrated on precision engineering, one step at a time. Creating the most innovative products and processes you can hold in your hand today.
The Lew's David Fritts Baitcast Combo features a one piece IM6 premium graphite 7-foot moderate action Crankback rod matched with a Lew's 5.4:1 gear ratio Speed Spool baitcast reel. Fritts has long sworn that the 5.4:1 gear ratio delivers the perfect cranking power for deep divers and heavy baits, and he has the trophies to show for it. The rod is built to Fritts' specified action to serve as an all-around single great choice for fishing a variety of "crank back" lures, including crankbaits, lipless crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and swimbaits. He has custom-tuned the blank to the perfect parabolic action he prefers for making long casts and feeling what the lure on the other end is doing.
- One-piece, lightweight, graphite frame and sideplates
- 5-bearing system with Zero Reverse one-way clutch bearings
- External Magnetic Control System®(MCS) adjustment
- Anodized aluminum spool and bowed aluminum handle
- Durable Rulon drag system, provides up to 15 lbs. drag power
- One-piece IM6 moderate action graphite blank
- High density EVA split-grips
- Lew’s exclusive SoftTouch skeletal reel seat
- Stainless steel guides with stainless steel inserts
The Quantum Pulse Baitcast Combo includes a very affordable baitcast reel packed with high-end features like our magnetic cast control, zero-friction pinion design, and oversized 90mm handle. Pulse packs 5 bearings in a precision lightweight graphite frame that casts with the precision of reels twice the price. The combo features a matching 6’6" medium-heavy IM8 graphite rod that’s perfect for many different lure techniques.
- Lightweight graphite frame and side covers
- EVA Handle Knobs, Line Memo
- Continuous Anti-Reverse™ clutch
- Right-Hand Retrieve
- Aluminum skeletal spool
- 5 Bearings (4 + Clutch)
- Graphite rod
- ComfortGrip™ rod handle
- Dynaflow™ aluminum-oxide guides
- DynaMag® Cast Control
- Zero Friction™ pinion
What Customers Are Saying
I would buy this again.
I bought this as a gift for my son. He loved it.
- JoeMac, 7/15/2020