The Hornady Lock-N-Load AP Progressive Press is an automatic 5-station press that is full of innovative features. The press features include; Lock-N-Load quick change technology, fully automatic indexing, 5-station die platform that accepts standard 7/8"-14 threaded dies, and the EZ-ject System that delivers 100% reliable cartridge ejection. This press is capable of loading rifle and handgun cartridges with ease.
Wondering what extra parts to purchase? Well, the press comes complete with the following items:
- Lock-N-Load powder measure
- rifle and pistol metering assemblies
- case activated powder drop and linkage
- cartridge catcher
- large and small primer pick-up tubes
- 5 Lock-N-Load Die Bushings
- So the only thing left to purchase is the easy access shellplate, dies, and any additional bushings you'll need for additional calibers. (all available at MidwayUSA).
- The EZ-ject system is designed to work with updated shellplates. Earlier version shellplates are not adaptable with the EZ-ject system. To tell if shellplates need to be updated, turn the shellplate upside down and look for a groove that runs in a circular pattern around the shellplate. If there is no groove present Hornady will modify old shellplates to work with the EZ-ject system.
- Hornady Suggests Spraying all metal parts with Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner-Degreaser and Dry Lubricant before using the press (Sold Separately Item# 270-323)
What Customers Are Saying
I just got this press to ...
I just got this press to go along with my Dillon 550 (which it's probably going to replace) and I'm very happy. This press has gotten some bad publicity in the past, but a lot of it no longer applies:The priming system has been redesigned. It no longer has an on/off switch and the punch is now held in place by a nut, not a knurled knob (among other changes). The updated priming system on my new LnL AP is 100% functional, even more reliable than my Dillon 550's. A good feature often overlooked is that spent primers get pushed out directly into a tube which you can direct into a trash can. This keeps my LnL MUCH cleaner than my 550 (which is always getting gummed up and jammed up from spent primer debris).Lee dies do work in this press, although not always in the fifth station (usually not a problem). If you want to use a powder cup in fourth station, a Lee crimp die will probably fit in the fifth station. If you want to use a Lee factory crimp in the fifth station, it will probably NOT fit (especiall...
- R. Cort, 2/25/2010
“Ten bullets through one hole” is the philosophy that brought Hornady® Manufacturing from a two-man operation in 1949, to a world-leading innovator of bullet, ammunition, reloading tool and accessory design and manufacture today.
Change is their constant and daily challenge. They outperform their competitors by ensuring the products they make are the ones their customers need right now, and accurately predict what they’ll want in the future. They recognize trends, and respect when to leave well enough alone. Their workforce includes an ample number of hunters and competitive shooters, as well as veterans and former law enforcement officers. At Hornady® Manufacturing, ammunition is more than their livelihood. It’s a major part of their daily life.