The Lee Precision Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit is a great kit for the beginning reloader or seasoned reloader looking to add to their reloading setup. This kit contains the popular Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press which features an "O" frame design and solid construction making this press a great addition to any reloading room. One of the great features of the Challenger Breech Lock Press is the Breech Lock quick change die system that holds dies in inserts that can be quickly removed from the press. Includes one quick change insert. Popular "O" frame design with a 4-1/4" opening that is angled at 30 degrees for maximum hand clearance. The spent primer catcher is effective and easy to empty. The press is made from ASTM 380 Aluminum, has 3-offset mounting holes, a 3-1/2" ram stroke and can handle cartridge lengths from the short 0.905" 25 ACP to the long 3.750" 460 Weatherby. This kit comes with everything to start loading ammunition except for reloading dies, reloading components, and Lee case length gauge for trimming brass to the correct length.
- Lee Breech Lock Challenger Single Stage Press
- 1-Breech Lock Quick Change Die Bushing
- Lee Auto Prime XR
- Lee Auto Prime Shellholder Set of 8 (1,2,3,4,5,11,12 and 19)
- Value Quick Trim Case Trimmer
- Lee Cutter and Lock Stud
- Lee Perfect Powder Measure
- Lee Chamfer Tool
- Lee Primer Pocket Cleaner
- Lee Safety Powder Scale
- Lee Powder funnel
- 2 oz Tube Lee Resizing Case Lube
Curious about what else you will need to start reloading with this kit?
We suggest the following; as this kit does not include reloading dies, case length gauges or shellholders for the Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press.
- A Lee Case Length Gauge for trimming cases
- Cartridge specific die set
- Shellholder for desired cartridge
- Appropriate powder, primers, bullets and cases for your desired cartridge
- Reloading Manual
Note: The Lee Bench plate that is visible in the photograph is not sold with this kit, it is available separately (Product # 113651)
What is the difference between the Anniversary Kit (Item# 423081) and the Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press kit (Item# 121744)?
- The main difference is the priming feature, the Anniversary kit utilizes a press mounted priming feature, when the Breech Lock Single stage kit utilizes a Lee hand primer and shellholders
This is the kit I chose ...
If you are thinking about starting to reload, you found the best place to start. Reloading indeed saves you money and no manufacturer saves you more than Lee. Their mission is simple; Produce the best American made value in reloading tools. The Lee family has been producing affordable reloading products since 1958. Their great prices come from patented innovative designs. They are thankful to say Lee Precision products are cast, machined and assembled in the USA. Serving the reloaders of the world for over fifty years!