How can I make my password stronger?
When creating a new password:
- Increase the number of characters
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, but can be longer
- Use different kinds of characters
- You can use uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, spaces, and symbols
- Numbers and symbols can be added a password, or may replace letters
- For example, change "Growling" to "Gro*wling6"
- Consider using phrases of common, unrelated words for your password
- For example, "jungle present share owner"
- Try making up a sentence about your password to help you remember it better
- For example, "My best friends in college were Larry and Tom" could be translated into a password as "MbficwL&T"
- Repeating patterns of characters ("m9m9" or "zzz")
- Sequential numbers or keyboard patterns ("123" or "zxcv")
- Variations of your name, birthdate, or other information that could be found on the internet or stored on your computer
- Words that are spelled backwards ("gnidaoler" or "liatetihw")
- Passwords that are reused for other important accounts
Keep your password secure:
- Avoid sending your password over a text message or by email
- Don't share your password with other people
- Consider updating your password at least every six months
- Remember that MidwayUSA employees will NEVER ask you for your account password
- Never write down your password, simply assign a new password if you forget