Brenneke slug ammunition is produced with high quality materials and as undergoes strict quality control to ensure their customers receive ammunition in excellent condition.
Used primarily by law enforcement and military, Special Forces Short Magnum slugs feature a 1-1/4 oz slug that can penetrate many surfaces, stopping a potential threat. The red protective coating helps to reduce the amount of fouling inside the barrel. In testing, this slug creates a 5-shot group under 2" at 50 yards. Will function well in both smoothbore and rifled shotguns.
In order to have a safe shoot, Brenneke recommends the following Safety Tips:
- Only use Brenneke slugs in modern shotguns known to be in good condition.
- Make sure you use the proper length cartridge (2 3/4 inch or 3 inch) your gun is designed for.
- Make certain you know if you are shooting a rifled or smoothbore barrel, and using the proper slug. Check with the gun's manufacturer if necessary.
- When using a screw-in choke, make sure it is tightened securely. Brenneke recommends chokes no tighter than cylinder bore or improved cylinder when shooting their slugs.
- Maximum range of a slug is up to 2000 yards! Be certain of what's behind your target.