- 17 lb. Flat wire recoil spring
- 0.250" Recoil spring guide rod machined from barstock
- Compatible with standard recoil spring plug
- Improves cycling and overall operation
- Improved recoil spring life
Wilson Combat is well known for making quality 1911 parts. This recoil spring for the 1911 Government Model is a flat wire spring made of special chrome-silicon spring wire which will last much longer than conventional recoil springs. Testing performed by Wilson Combat has found these springs to have a service life as much as 10 times that of a standard round wire spring. The 17 pound spring weight is ideal for most standard pressure 45 ACP loads. The spring also ships with a standard length, reduced diameter guide rod, allowing this kit to drop right into a 5" barreled 1911.