These offset inserts work only in Burris Signature Rings. They are offered as a matched pair (two halves) in three different offsets, a set of all three and a box of ten each (Product number 712472). One insert half is slightly thicker and the other slightly thinner than standard. Swapping the standard inserts with a pair of offset inserts will move the point of impact approximately 5" at 100 yards for the .005 inserts, 10" for the .010 and 20" for the .020. This will allow a gun to be sighted in that cannot be zeroed with the available windage and elevation adjustments in the scope. For serious shooters, the optional offset inserts allow a scope to be brought almost to complete zero, then using the windage and elevation adjustments only for the final, fine adjustment. This keeps the erector tube centered in the scope for improved scope clarity and performance.
- 10 each of the .005", .010", and .020" inserts
- Total of 30 insert sets, 60 individual pieces
- Inserts have the center opening offset by the amount of distance shown in the description. For example, .005" offset inserts will move the scope tube .005" toward the thinner of the two inserts. The inserts can be used to move the scope tube in the front ring, the rear ring or both rings. The inserts may also be used in any combination as long as the matched halves stay together. A set of .005" inserts may be used in the front ring and .010" inserts in the rear or whatever combination is needed.
- If the inserts are used to move the front of the scope tube to the right, the point of impact at 100 yards will move to the left approximately 5 inches. If the scope tube is moved in the rear ring to the right, the point of impact will move to the right.
- Inserts can be used to move the scope tube in any direction needed for windage and/or elevation.