This Picatinny-style base is machined from lightweight aluminum and allows a scope or red dot sight to be mounted in the forward, scout rifle position. For use with rifles that have a rear dovetail located approximately 4" from receiver. Non-angle eject rifles will require drilling and tapping. Black anodized finish. Please note: This mount is attached to the rifle with hard epoxy and installation requires significant gunsmithing. Once installed, the base becomes a permanent fixture and cannot be removed. For more detailed information, please consult the "Technical Specifications & Use" link below.
- Allows forward mounting of scout scopes or red dot sights.
- For rifles with rear dovetail located approximately 4" from receiver.
- Non-angle eject rifles will require drilling and tapping.
- Installation requires removal of magazine tube and forend
- Pillar hole in mount will need to be opened up with a round file
- Drift front jackscrew to align mount with centerline of bore
- Clean and degrease barrel, receiver and mount
- Apply Vaseline® to the mounting screw holes to prevent epoxy from entering holes
- Mix the resin and hardener of the supplied Marine-Tex™ epoxy according to the instructions
- Epoxy color is gray
- Apply mixed epoxy in a thick ribbon along the center portion of the underside of the mount
- Place mount on rifle and snug screws to hold mount in place while the epoxy cures
- Recheck alignment and adjust as needed
- Use alcohol to clean off excess epoxy
- After allowing epoxy to cure for 24 hours, tighten all attaching screws and re-install forend and magazine tube
- This procedure, once accomplished, is not reversible. The mount becomes a permanent fixture once the epoxy cures