Saeco is known for making some of the highest quality bullet molds in the casting world. The Saeco Lead Hardness Tester is no different. It is a precision instrument designed to accurately determine bullet hardness. This tester will pay for itself many times over by allowing the caster to convert inexpensive scrap lead of unknown composition into casting alloy of known and reproducible hardness. It provides a standard to check the quality of cast bullets. Measures alloy hardness by determining the depth of penetration of a hardened steel indenter into a bullet. Relative hardness is read off a vernier scale.
- The Saeco Lead Hardness Tester is a precision instrument that accurately determines the hardness of bullet casting alloy
- It measures alloy hardness by determining the depth of penetration of a hardened steel indenter into a cast bullet.
- Hardness of a bullet is read from Vernier scale.
- The Vernier scale is calibrated in arbitrary units with pure lead as 0 and linotype as 10.
- This unit works for bullets up to 45 caliber.