RCBS neck reamer dies are used in conjunction with RCBS neck reamers in order to remove material from the inside of a case neck that has been downsized with a form die. This step is required when an excess of material has built up in the case neck as a result of neck diameter reduction. The die serves the purpose of preserving the outer dimensions of the case neck during the reaming process.
- A neck reamer, with the corresponding neck reamer die, is used to remove material from the inside of the neck of a cartridge. This is usually necessary when case forming from another cartridge.
- The neck reamer is the "cutting tool" and the neck reamer die holds the case in position.
- Neck reamers and neck reamer dies are caliber specific and cannot be used independently, meaning that in any one caliber, both a neck reamer and a neck reamer die must be purchased and then used as a set.
- The neck reamer inserts into the top of the neck reamer die.
- The neck reamer die is standard 7/8 x 14 thread (unless otherwise noted in the product description) and fit into a standard single stage press.