- High intensity focusing adjustable beam
- Design balanced optics and Power Management for maximum performance
- Anodized inside and out for better corrosion resistance and durability
- Water-Resistant (Rating: IPX4) and Shock-Resistant
- High-grade rubber seals
- Precision machined high-strength aluminum alloy cases
- Backed by Mag Instrument’s Renowned Warranty Service
- All Maglite flashlights are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
The Maglite Mag-Tac is an advanced lighting tool powered by a high capacity Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) rechargeable battery engineered for long service life with a 2.5 hr. charge time. Along with superior build quality and performance, this crowned-bezel version of the MAG-TAC LED rechargeable flashlight comes with a detachable pocket clip and a USB powered mountable charging base. The charging base can be powered by the included 12V adapter or 120V converter, or by any other charging source that complies with the USB 2.0 Standard. Also, 4 Functions selectable through Mag Instrument's tailcap-switch-activated "Quick-Click" mode selector.
Most of Maglite LED flashlights’ have electronic switches that enable a wider range of functions than a mechanical-switch flashlight typically offers. The pushbutton electronic switches all embody the fast and easy “QuickClik” method of choosing a functional mode (e.g., High Power, Low Power, Strobe, etc.) by rapidly clicking the switch a corresponding number of times. And with fewer moving parts, electronic switches tend to be more reliable than mechanical switches. While the initial cost of a rechargeable battery is significant, it is designed to withstand hundreds of charge/discharge cycles and, in the hands of a frequent flashlight user, should easily produce a net saving in operating costs over its life, versus buying the equivalent number of replacement alkaline batteries.