You won't believe the flavor a great cure can deliver! Formulated exclusively for LEM by local Chef James Trent, each blend has a unique flavor profile that enhances the natural flavors of meat and wild game. Don't forget to try the recipe included on each label! Mix in with your venison burger, shake on for a dry rub or combine with Olive Oil to really release the flavors. Your options are endless! No additives.
LEM Cure can be used in making sausage, jerky, bacon or ham. It helps:
- Reduce the risk of botulism in meat
- Slightly aid the preservation of meat
- Enhance the flavor of the finished product
- Give the finished cooked product a pink "cured" color. (If cure is not used, your sausage would be a grey color.)
Directions for Use:
- For Sausage: Mix LEM Cure, seasoning and water until well blended and then mix with meat. Stuff and smoke or cook sausage to internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- For a Standard or 20% Brine: For 100 lbs. of meat, mix 4 ozs. of LEM Cure, 1 1/2 lbs. of salt, 1/4 lb. of sugar and 2 gallons of water. The salt and sugar levels may be adjusted to desired final taste. Other spices or seasonings can be added for flavor.
Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red # 3 (for color) and less than 2% Sodium Dioxide as a processing aid