The new PATENT PENDING Harmonic Target is the ultimate handgun training target. By combining the durability of a steel target, with the precision scoring of a paper target, this revolutionary design is ideal for competition and defensive handgun training. The overall size of the steel matches a standard IPSC / USPSA metric target with the "D" zone removed. The outer plate is laser cut from 3/8" thick AR500 steel and is ridged mounted to our 2x4 post sleeve. The inner plate is laser cut from 1/4" thick AR500 steel and includes integrated tuning forks that are concealed behind the front plate. The inner, Harmonic Plate, is mounted using industrial grade die springs. Bullets that strike the outer "B" and "C" zones produce a dull, low frequency ring. Shots that pass through the "A" zone windows in the front plate, strike the Harmonic Plate and produce a loud, high frequency ring allowing the shooter to instantly identify their shot placement.
Other steel targets with hinged doors and windows are less suitable for competition and defensive handgun training. These designs condition the shooter to pause while the hinged door falls back into place. Our Harmonic Plate is mounted in a fixed position so it's always ready for rapid follow-up shots.
- Rated for all handguns and rifles with velocities up to 3,000 fps at the target
- Built to withstand all standard FMJ ammunition (no armor piercing or steel core ammo)
- Minimum distance: Handguns = 7 yards | Rifles = 100 yards
- Laser cut 3/8" thick AR500 steel target assembly fits over standard wood 2x4 post (not included)
- Plate size matches the A, B, C zone metric dimensions on an official IPSC target (11.81" x 23.62")
- Reversible target plate for extended life
- Heavy gauge steel stake can be pounded into almost any terrain
- Industrial grade compression springs produce maximum reverberation and visual feedback
- Safely deflects bullet fragments into the ground (read all safety guidelines before use)
- Light weight and portable