- Hard coat anodized, black per MIL-A-8625 Type III Class 2
- 6013 Forged upper with 6061 extruded handguard, hardened to T6 specifications
- One-piece handguard design
- Access panel for assembly, disassembly, and maintenance
- Compatible with most Mil-Spec AR-15 parts and most KeyMod accessories
The VLTOR VIS Fusion is a new version of the very successful VIS upper receiver series. The VIS Fusion differs from the traditional features of the VLTOR VIS because the lower handguard portion of the forend is not removable. The upper instead features a one-piece forend with an access panel towards the rear, allowing for accessibility to the barrel nut for installation, disassembly, and maintenance. The VLTOR VIS Fusion affords the end-user the strength and reliability that has become customary with VLTOR VIS uppers, while providing the advantage of decreased weight.