- 6010 T6 Aluminum Construction
- Mil-Spec Hard Coat Anodized Finish
- Extended past front sight base
- Uses Factory Barrel Nut (not included)
- 303 Stainless Thermal bushing Reduces Heat Transfer
- Mil-Spec Picatinny Continuous Top Rail with Dual Alignment Tabs
- Relieved to Work with Aftermarket Piston Systems
- 2x 2" 1x 4" Customizable Picatinny Rail Sections
- 1.8" Outer Diameter (Facetted)
- 1.56" Inner Diameter (Fits Most Suppressors)
- No Specialized Tools Required For Installation
The Samson Manufacturing Evolution Series free float rails are customizable AR-15 handguards. The Evo rail attaches to a standard barrel nut with a two piece thermal bushing constructed of stainless steel, two locking tabs ensure the rail does not rotate under stress. The thermal bushing along with the generous ventilation slots help to keep heat from transferring into the handguard and into the operator's hand. The continuous top rail allows you to mount optics anywhere along the top of the rifle and allows same-plane iron sights to be mounted. The top rail has also been relieved to accept most aftermarket piston conversion systems. Each Evo handguard includes two 2", and one 4" customizable rail sections that can be mounted anywhere along the handguard tube. The interior of the tube is 1.56" in diameter, allowing most suppressors to fit underneath.
The EVO Extended Rail series feature a front sight cut out, so the lower portion of the handguard extends out past the sides of the front sight post, giving you more mounting options on guns with shorter gas systems. The EX handguards are the perfect choice for gas piston conversions.
Installation of the Evolution series handguards does not require special tools. Since the standard barrel nut (not included) is used to mount the handguard only the delta ring, weld spring and snap ring must be removed. This means you can install the EVO rail system without removing the barrel from the upper receiver, a step that requires specialized tools such as receiver blocks, barrel nut wrench or AR-15 multi-tool. The delta ring must be cut if you do not remove the barrel from the upper.