- A permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is 2 times greater than any expanding bullet
- CNC machined from solid copper to overcome barriers to penetration
- Radial flutes that force the hydraulic energy inward to build pressure
- Minimal surface area to increase the force at the point of contact and sharp cutting edges that defeat barriers
- When Loaded to 1,450 fps: Penetration (in) 17.5, Wound cavity (in) 2.50
The Xtreme Defense (XD) Technology is based on the popular Xtreme Penetrator product line. The design goal was to achieve the same barrier performance and massive permanent wound cavity and reduce the penetration depth to coincide with an individual's personal comfort level. It was a goal Lehigh did not meet; it was a goal they blew out of the water!
The XD Bullet has an optimized nose flute, total weight, and velocity with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous; no other expanding hollowpoint comes close to achieving anywhere near this diameter and volume. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, it is near barrier blind, ignoring wallboard, sheet metal, and automotive glass.
Lehigh Defense was able to accomplish this quantum leap in terminal performance at the same time while reducing recoil. The terminal performance achieved is quickly approaching that of 5.56 rifle performance and that is an incredible feat.
Suppressor Safe — The projectile is machined from solid bar stock. This is not a frangible bullet produced from powdered metal.
THIS IS NOT LOADED AMMUNITION