The universal fit Easy Jig is a patented router jig that makes machining your 80% lower easier, faster, and safer by utilizing a router instead of a drill press. The Easy Jig allows you to complete an 80% lower in about 1/3 the time it takes to complete a lower on an old style drill press jig. This jig is easy enough for a caveman to use. It definitely lives up to its name. You also save money on tools. You do not need to own a drill press, mill, or any measuring tools to use the Easy Jig. The Easy Jig is built like a tank (weighs over 6 lbs) and can be reused for dozens of lowers. For those planning to use their jig for 20+ lowers, we offer optional hardened steel drill bushings in both side walls. Tools and Bushings are not included and suggested below. The 80% Arms Easy Jig Tool Kit (789307) is suggested.
- Built in drill/end-mill depth gauge for the trigger and rear-shelf pockets
- Holds tight tolerances using a common hand-drill
- Lower can be completed in under 1 hour vs. 3 hours for the old drill press method
- Can be used to make dozens of lowers
- Router with 1/4" collet
- Drill (Hand or Drill Press)
- 1/8" Allen Wrench (for template bolts)
- 3/16" Allen Wrench (for jig bolts)
- 3/32" Allen Wrench (for stop collar on drill bit)
- Cutting fluid such as Tap Magic, Relton A9, Oatey Dark Cutting Oil mineral oil, or motor oil.
- Masking Tape
- Eye and Hearing Protection