- Nubuck leather and mesh upper
- Vibram TC5+ outsole with 3mm lug depth
- Flexplate with EVA midsole and Air Cushion technology
- TPU Molded heel counter and protective toe cap
- M-Select Dry waterproof, moisture-wicking technology
As adaptable as the reptile it’s inspired by, this mid waterproof hiker features protection, stability, and ultra-lightweight construction. The Chameleon has a Flex Grade of 4, so the shoe has more support but enough flex to provide great protection and mobility on rough terrain. Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability. The Flexplate protects feet from stone bruising and sharp rocks with an impact resistant and resilient plate that runs the entire length of the shoe. The Flexplate offers greater stability by cupping the heel and full-length torsional rigidity. Grippy and durable Vibram TC5+ rubber molded into multi-directional ovals for quick-change performance when shifting speeds, sites, and steepness of terrain; lugs are placed precisely (and only) where needed across the smooth Flexplate material to shed mud easily and reduce weight.