- Reduced stroke length for faster firing impulse when used with the Silent Captures Recoil Buffer Spring (265791)
- Designed for optimal function with the Silent Recoil Buff Spring for a heavier operating system that reduces bolt bounce while improving reliability and accuracy
- Tighter firing pin channel to reduce pin wear
- High-energy tumble process offers a finer cosmetic finish
- Includes firing pin and retainer pin
Machined to the same exacting tolerances as JP bolt carriers, this second generation 9mm bolt assembly is an entirely new design that eliminates the need for a central mass (slug) to readily function with the 9mm JP Silent Captured Spring without compromising bolt weight and reliability. In fact, when combined with the JPSCS-9MM, you have the heaviest, most reliable 9mm operating system that dramatically reduces bolt bounce while improving accuracy. This bolt assembly is .9 oz. heavier than the Rock River Arms 9mm bolt with its central mass removed. When used in conjunction with the Silent Captured Spring, the complete JP 9mm operating system is slightly heavier than the complete RRA bolt and buffer, some of the bolt mass having been transferred to the SCS in this system.
Use of this bolt requires a 9mm Silent Captured Spring or 9mm buffer and spring. It will not function with standard AR-15 buffer components. This Bolt Assembly is compatible with both Colt SMG-style magazines and Glock pistol magazines. This Bolt Assembly is also compatible with the JP side-charging uppers.