The coiled fiber optics on a Black Gold bow sight reside in the exclusive SkyCoil, a streamlined housing that is mounted on the very top of the sight where there is more available light. This system is more effective at gathering and transferring light than any other wrapped fiber bow sight.
Black Gold’s exclusive SkyCoil Technology gathers more light for brighter pins while patented PhotoChromatic Technology automatically manages pin brightness during the day. Independent tests show that the pins on a Black Gold bow sight are 20% brighter than the pins on the next brightest bow sight. This means you’ll be able to see the pins on a Black Gold when the pins on other bow sights have faded away.
If pins get too bright they can create star-bursts that make it difficult to see the vitals. Black Gold’s revolutionary and patented PhotoChromatic shell, which covers the sight’s fiber optic strands, turns purple when subjected to natural UV light. This automatically tempers the light which eliminates any pin flare. The result is perfect pin brightness from dawn to dark!
Black Gold bow sights are built to take bowhunter abuse. But, a great product is only as good as its weakest link. On most sights, the weakest link are the pins. Black Gold’s BombProof Micro Groove pins leave competitors’ pins in the dust! Fully machined from bar stock, these amazing pins are up to 30 times stronger than imported, cast, turned or tube style pins. Add exclusive Micro Groove design that cradles and protects the fiber along its entire length, and you have the toughest pins ever put on a bow sight
- X-Frame base is stronger, lighter
- Level Head sight ring is far easier to adjust, far more secure; can be customized to fit into top of sight ring
- High performance PhotoChromatic shell is 80% tougher and changes color even faster
- Interchangeable fluorescent sight ring for quick and positive peep alignment even in low light.
- Optional BigDog sight ring pin guard for use with oversized peeps
- 1-3/4" and 2" Lens Kit adaptable