- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with full-color TOPO U.S. mapping, routable cycling maps and other outdoor navigation
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Built-in navigation sensors include GPS and GLONASS capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone as well as 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows your training status, training load and more
- Connected features include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps
- Battery life: up to 12 days in smart watch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode or up to 35 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
Combining world-class performance with the best features of Garmin's fitness and outdoor watches, fenix 5X is the premiere multisport training companion. It’s the first fenix series watch to offer full-color TOPO U.S. mapping for at-a-glance navigation and location reference – so you can beat yesterday, and be sure of getting back. You get advanced features such as Elevate wrist heart rate technology, built-in activity profiles, performance metrics and training status readings that show the fitness-enhancing effects of your workout. Smart notifications help you stay in touch on the go. Plus, QuickFit bands let you tailor the look to any lifestyle or activity – no tools required. Go from workplace to workout without breaking stride.
Rugged Endurance, Elegant Style
The fenix 5X multisport watch features a protective PVD-coated stainless steel bezel and buttons and a reinforced housing for extra durability. Each watch is water-rated to 100 meters and features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on settings). A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlighting assures great readability in all ambient conditions – from harsh daylight to dim lighting. Transflective technology that reflects and transmits light at the same time enables the watch face to become even more readable under intense sunlight. Sapphire editions feature a scratch-resistant sapphire lens and are also Wi-Fi-enabled so your watch can connect to your wireless network and automatically send activity uploads for sharing on Garmin Connect.
A Full-color Roadmap to Success
Whether you’re in the city or on the trail, an array of fenix 5X on-watch mapping and navigation features help keep you oriented and on-course at a glance.
- Full-color TOPO U.S. mapping that comes preloaded; map data is optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking on your wrist
- Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter a distance they want to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses
- Easy-to-read guidance cues provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns
- Around Me map mode displays locations nearby in a simplified graphical interface that increases awareness and ease when navigating in unfamiliar environments
- Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don’t have to switch screens while in an activity
- GroupTrack allows you to keep tabs on your buddies for adventures such as skiing; LiveTrack allows friends to follow your adventures in real time
Wrist-based Heart Rate
On your wrist, Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize your fenix 5X watch with free downloads from the Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Swim Profiles, Skiing, Paddle Sports, Golf and More
Beyond their running functions, fenix 5 watches also offer special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For swimmers, the device tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect – and also adds enhancements such as stat tracking (fairways hit, etc.), Green View, AutoShot detection and auto measure.
In the Box:
- fenix 5X Sapphire
- Charging/data cable
Compatible with other Garmin devices include:
- Varia Rearview Radar
- Varia Smart Bike Lights
- Varia Vision In-Sight Display
- Vector 2
- Vector 2S
- VIRB X
- VIRB XE