- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX liner
- Removable Ortholite footbed for maximum cushioning and support
- PU Midsole board provides support the entire length of the foot
- Vibram Tsavo outsole has superior traction in rugged, high-angle terrain
- Dynamic Response System was engineered for optimal stability
This boot features Danner's Dynamic Response System which was developed for the most rugged high altitude conditions. Engineered for optimal stability, the unique framework allows for springboard return, even in cold environments, while the dual-density midsole provides superior shock absorption and durability. It provides the protection, the response, the rigidity and the support needed when battling ridgeline conditions of rock, jagged debris, packed snow and ice. The removable Orhtolite footbed has three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation. In short, it's made for serious hiking. How it fits: The 851 last is an update to Danner's popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.