Danner didn't get their chops building athletic shoes. They make boots. So when they decided to create a lightweight trainer, they took their 80-plus years of experience and created a boot that acts like a shoe, not a shoe that acts like a boot. Now available in a polishable finish for hot weather. Unlike any other trainer on the market, the Tachyon is the first to offer the protection and durability demanded form a boot. With a full rubber outsole for superior abrasion resistance, traction, and durability. By stripping out unnecessary features associated with most boots and utilizing lightweight construction methods and materials, Danner was able to create their lightest boot yet.
How it fits: The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toe box allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
- Polishable tow area meets uniform requirements
- Unlined leather upper are lighter weight with cool comfort in warmer temperatures
- Speed Lace System allows you to tighten from toe to top in one tug for a secure fit
- EVA midsole is lightweight and provides excellent cushioning
- Danner Tachyon outsole is 100% rubber for superior abrasion resistance with pentagonal lugs
- Open cell PU footbed for shock absorptions and improved air circulation