- Gusseted tongue eliminates debris from entering the shoe
- Protective toe and heel cap provide stability and protection
- Advanced lightweight chassis maximizes motion control, energy management, and responsive ride
- EVA shaped footbed for better cushioning and support
- Mud guard protective material around the base of the shoe
The men's Ultra Trek GTX is a lightweight, speed hiking monster with aggressive traction and complete waterproof protection. It devors trails, helping you move quickly over hard or soft surfaces. Aggressive grip lug with reverse chevon pattern help the non-marking Contagrip sole claw into any surface, for confidence on every hike. To make one of the lightest hiking shoe, Salomon used lightweight material and welded seams. This combination reduces weight while maintaining flexibility and comfort on the trial. Full Gore-Tex bootie ensures comfort in the harshest conditions. OrthoLite sockliner combines a specific Ortholite foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning.