AR500 Armor Lightweight Level III+ Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with the PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating. The ballistic steel plate is unmatched in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically to specifications for improved consistency, durability. The ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, features an ultra-low profile ballistic core of only 0.21”, and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions.
Lightweight Level III+ Rating: Lightweight Level III+ armor offers enhanced ballistic protection against 5.56x45 M193 and 5.56x45 M855 SS109 at a velocity of up to 3,100 feet per second (fps), and 7.62x39, 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball Non-AP (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 3,000 fps.
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06 at Oregon Ballistics Laboratories and H.P. White Laboratories
- 20-Year maintenance-free shelf life
- Unparalleled multi-hit and stand-alone performance
- FragLock Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress-fracture resistant