- Crux reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip
- Magnetic Tube Trap keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- Air director back panel offers air channels to keep your back cool
- External hooks let you carry a helmet while allowing full access to your pack
- Stretch overflow storage compartment lets you easily stash a rain shell or extra layer
- Reflective accents for visibility in low-light
- Removable stability belt
There’s a reason this pack is the bestselling, longest-running pack: it’s got everything you need, and nothing you don’t. The M.U.L.E. has a narrow-gauge design that keeps it light and maneuverable-so even when it’s fully loaded for a day of mountain biking or hiking, it won’t get in your way. The latest edition is built around the Crux reservoir, which is even easier to load and refill, and delivers more water with every sip. Since Camelbak launched the first M.U.L.E. in 1996, mountain bikers have been saying that this pack hits the sweet spot of size vs. storage: it’s lightweight, but big enough to carry three liters of water and a day’s worth of snacks and gear. Over the years, Camelbak has also added air channels to keep your back cool, universal helmet hooks, and clever compartments for stashing tools, keys and electronics. The latest version also features a magnetic tube trap that snaps easily into place, so you can hydrate without taking your eyes off the trail. Total capacity including water is 700 CI, cargo only storage is 500 CI. Torso fit range 17-21 inches.