The XPR is a new way to look at bolt action value. The XPR is a rugged, reliable and precise bolt-action rifle built for the next generation of Winchester hunters. Combining proven concepts from the Model 70 with more efficient manufacturing processes, such as a push feed bolt, means that the XPR is a superb hunting rifle at a more affordable price. The XPR Hunter Compact rifle will stand up to the abuse you put yourself through in the field, the compact XPR is the rifle for you. The advanced polymer stock is built for superior grip in wet conditions and will stand up to the scratches and bumps you're bound to encounter on the stalk or on the walk to the stand. The matte blued finish is tough and non-reflective. The detachable box magazine is a built in feature that is typically an expensive after-market addition, allowing you to keep extra shells in a spare mag instead of jingling loose in your pocket.
- M.O.A. Trigger System With Zero Take-Up, Zero Creep And Zero Overtravel Gives You Outstanding Accuracy
- Bolt Unlock Button Allows The Chamber To Be Unloaded With The Thumb Safety In The On-Safe Position
- Nickel Teflon On The Bolt Body Offers Smoother Operation And Added Corrosion Resistance
- Detachable Box Magazine Is A Single Stack Design Constructed From A Rugged Polymer For Greater Reliability
- Advanced Polymer Stock In Two Popular Patterns, Black and Break-Up Country. Textured Panels Help Improve Wet Weather Grip, While The Flattened Fore-End Profile Improves Stability From Sandbags Or A Benchrest
- Shorter 13" Length Of Pull Of The Compact Model Makes It Perfect For Younger Shooters And Those Of Smaller Stature.
- Perma-Cote Matte Black Metal Surfaces (Matte Gray Metal Surfaces On Hunter Compact Models) Minimize Glare To Help Prevent Game-Spooking Reflections And Protect From Corrosion
- Inflex Technology Recoil Pad Directs Energy Down And Away From Your Cheek To Reduce “Felt Recoil”
- Steel Recoil Lug Is Inletted Into The Stock To Prevent The Receiver From Twisting Under Recoil For More Reliable And Predictable Long-Range Accuracy
- Receiver Is Machined From Solid Steel Bar Stock And Through-Hardened During Heat Treating For Longer Life And Enhanced Accuracy
- Two-Position Thumb Safety And A Cocking Indicator Show The Xpr Rifle’s Safety Status At A Glance Or By Feel
- Button-Rifled, Free-Floated Steel Barrel Is Thermally Stress-Relieved Then Precisely Aligned And Headspaced During Assembly Via The Barrel Nut
- Recessed Target Crown Protects The Muzzle Rifling From Wear And Impact Damage To Help Maintain Greater Accuracy