This Sharps Carbine is a copy of the 1859 Percussion Sharps Military Carbine converted to centerfire. This firearm was then sold to Texas and issued to the Texas Rangers stationed on the Western Frontier. Each of the 36 original carbines were marked on the barrel by the Rangers with a 'T * S' and numbered as issued. The carbines are produced in 45-70 caliber. The Carbines feature case colored receivers and blued steel barrels. The wood is American black walnut as was used on the original Texas Ranger carbines.