The Modlite IR850 Light Head features a dedicated IR illumination that is designed to produce infrared light in the 850nm infrared spectrum. This is a dedicated IR illumination head that is designed to output IR light in the 850nm IR spectrum. The IR850 has an excellent reflector, designed to deliver a good amount of spill, and has a defined hot spot at distances reaching up to 300 yards depending on atmospheric conditions. It can be used with the Modlite 18650 body, smaller 18350 body, or the Surefire M600DF Dual Fuel body.
Lithium CR123 cells are not supported and if used will cause the cells to heat up and possibly explode or catch fire. We recommend the KeepPower 18650/18350 high drain cells which can be found here. Runtime is about 120 minutes with 18650 cells and about 50 minutes with the smaller 18350 cells. Do not stack 18350 cells into an 18650 body this can cause the light to malfunction. Only use 18650 cells in 18650 bodies and 18350 cells in 18350 bodies.
- Hand assembled in and tested in the USA
- Lifetime guarantee
- Approximately 1100mW IR output. (for comparison the SF 952v is 160mW)
- 6061 Series Alum bezel with Mil-Spec Hard Anodizing.
- Ultra clear BOROFLOAT lens allows 98-99% light transmittance
- Best with KeepPower 18650/18350 high drain cells