Faxon Bolt Carrier Group LR-308 308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor Nitride
- Product Family #: 102178102
- Product #: 289821
- Manufacturer #: FF308BCGCNITRIDE
- UPC #: 816341020917
The Faxon Bolt Carrier Group is "superfinished" to reduce friction, fouling, and increase smoothness of operation. The BCG's are full-Auto rated and maintain the trip for full-auto fire control groups and new multi-stage trigger systems. Gas keys use grade 8 fasteners and are fully staked for a lifetime of service. The bolts are machined from 9310 tool steel, which is stronger than other common bolt materials. The bolt is also nitrided which increases the surface hardness, decreases resistance, and has superior corrosion resistance compared to typical chrome and phosphated bolt carrier groups. The bolt is fully MPI tested to ensure the material is sound and without defects. Bolt lugs are chamfered 45 degrees to ensure reliable action for even the highest pressure hand loads and fast lightweight actions. The extractor is made from S7 tool steel, fully heat treated, shot peened per MIL-SPEC, and QPQ nitrided. The Extractor is sprung using the spring, o-ring, and silicone insert.
- 9310 Tool Steel Construction (Stronger than C158)
- Full MIL-SPEC Heat Treatment
- Shot Peened to MIL-SPEC
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Back of Lugs Chamfered for Reliability
- Spring, Insert, & "Crane" O-Ring Installed
- QPQ - Salt Bath Nitrided
- S7 Steel and Heat Treated Extractor
- MIL-SPEC 8620 Steel, Heated Treated Carrier
- 4140 Pre-Hardened Steel Cam Pin
Need More Information?
Customer Q&A are not compatible with your browser.Update Your Browser Now!
Own this product?
Product Reviews are not compatible with your browser.Update Your Browser Now!