PowerBelt ELR Bullets were specially designed for CVA’s PARAMOUNT rifle, but can provide superior long-range performance in any .50 calliber muzzleloader with a twist rate of 1:24 or faster. In testing with the PARAMOUNT, using the recommended “super-magnum” charge of 140 grains by-volume of Blackhorn propellant, ELR bullets achieved muzzle velocities in excess of 2200 fps.
Internally, the ELR is similar in concept to the PowerBelt AeroLite bullet, incorporating a large hollow point cavity which eliminates weight from the core, allowing that weight to be used to lengthen the bullet. This hollow core is filled by the tail of the super-hard polycarbonate ballistic tip, which offsets the tendency of the bullet to expand too rapidly.
Optimal performance of the ELR will be achieved using “magnum” or “super-magnum” propellant charges. Rifles like the CVA PARAMOUNT are designed to handle such “super-magnum” charges (meaning: charges that produce higher pressures than traditional magnum loads). With rifles not designed for such high pressure loads, the
maximum propellant charge recommended by the rifle manufacturer should not be exceeded.
- Snap-on plastic base produces a perfect gas seal for consistent pressures and superb accuracy
- Copper jacketed bullets are easy to load and require minimal cleaning
- AeroTip bullets feature a polymer tip and rapid expansion under impact
- Easy to load and clean up after (unlike conventional sabots).
- AeroTip is forced back into bullet upon impact causing rapid expansion. Similar to a polymer-tipped centerfire rifle bullet.