When looking to upgrade the performance of a 1911 pistol, a common improvement sought by shooters is a high-quality trigger job, with a crisp, clean break. Until now, a high-quality trigger job has never been in the realm of a “drop-in” upgrade. Nighthawk Custom has changed that with the introduction of our Drop-In Trigger System (DTS) for 1911 pistols.
An all-in-one unit, the DTS replaces your existing hammer, hammer strut, sear, disconnector, and sear spring. Your existing sear pin and hammer pin will be retained for use with the DTS, but no other parts are necessary for installation. With a steel housing securing the unit, the DTS features all Fully Machined™, stainless steel internal components. The traditional three-pronged sear spring is no longer necessary as the springs for the disconnector and sear are built into the unit. A single-leg grip safety spring is included with the DTS to replace the existing sear spring.
Never has a high-quality trigger job been this simple for 1911 shooters. The Drop-In Trigger System is designed for use in most 1911 models, and installation is simple enough that minimal gunsmithing skills are necessary. With a proper safety check and minor gunsmithing skills, our Drop-In Trigger System can give your current 1911 a high-quality trigger job in the time it takes for a routine cleaning of your pistol.
- Anyone can install the DTS. No serious gunsmithing is required.
- You get a clean and crisp, 3 3/4 - 4 lb trigger pull in a matter of minutes.
- There is no sending your pistol off to a custom shop and then waiting 2-3 months to get it back.
- Minimal tools required to complete installation.
- The DTS is easily swapped to a backup pistol in a pinch.
- Installing units in multiple pistols allows identical trigger function in each pistol.
- The DTS is perfect for the home gun builder who can assemble and fit minor parts but isn’t quite comfortable stoning sear and hammer surfaces.