XS DXW2 Big Dot Tritium Night Sights offer the best front sight visibility in all lighting conditions. DXW2 Big Dot sights drive focus to the front sight using a high-contrast front and a V-notch rear for an unobstructed view of the front sight.
DXW2 Big Dot front sights use a patent pending glow dot that absorbs light and glows in low light levels before it is dark enough to see the tritium. Optic Yellow is the best option for low light and has the brightest glow intensity. Primarily based on the white light spectrum, optic yellow is very reflective and will excite the photoluminescent properties of the dot faster than any other color. The increased surface area of the convex dot increases light absorption, intensifying the charge of the glow properties of the dot.
The dot-the “i” sight picture, with a tritium dot in the front sight and a non-tritium white stripe in the rear, prevents confusing the front and rear sight in high-stress situations. In most gunfights, the victim and attacker are both moving and the victim’s focus is drawn to the threat. The wide field of view increases visibility of the front sight and of the threat downrange.
- Big Dot - Remains visible under stress when focus is drawn downrange
- Glow Dot - Convex photoluminescent dot absorbs ambient light and glows in low light levels
- Tritium Powered Front Sight - Beta Emitting lamps glow in low light to aid in sight alignment
- V-Notch Rear - Low-profile V provides greater visibility of objects downrange of front sight
- Dot-the-"i" Sight Picture - Straight line sight picture with differentiated front and rear sight prevents shooters from confusing the front and rear sight
- Rear Sight White Stripe - Aids in rear sight identification for proper sight alignment
- Rear Sight Ledge - Aids in one-handed slide manipulations
- CNC Machined from steel bar stock
- Fits in common holsters