When you pick up the Kinetic Research Group X-Ray Chassis, it will feel nice and light compared to other chassis. You'll have nearly identical ergonomics to the Whiskey-3 with only a little more time involved in adjusting the different aspects like the length of pull. Furthermore, you'll have all the standard benefits of a chassis like the use of AICS magazines, a variety of mounting points for slings, barrier stops, etc., and aluminum block bedding for the action while not having to sell off a kidney to pay the price of admission.
To accomplish this design intent, KRG kept the features that everyone wants and needs and eliminated those that weren't necessary. Then they utilized efficient manufacturing processes to keep production costs down and in turn keep the price to the shooter down. The end result is a hybrid aluminum and polymer chassis that we think you'll love.
- Gen 4 is current version as of July 2020. The change is a one piece backend, which comes standard with tool-less buttpad height and cant adjustment, as well as a ambidextrous cheekpiece thumbscrew.
- The Tikka inlet accepts T3, T3x, and CTR versions, however slight mods may be required on the trigger-guard for the T3 TAC A1 to function properly. Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.
- MLok slots on sides for mounting flexibility
- Mounting holes at various positions will take L2 Picatinny rails, Tripod Mount, Barrier stop, etc
- Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend
- Aluminum backbone runs to tip of forend for maximum stiffness and modularity
- Utilizes radius bedding, which is CNC'd into aluminum backbone for consistent contact between action and chassis
- Accepts the Whiskey-3 gen 3/4 Spigot Mount
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action)
- Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard. Made from reinforced polymer for added strength and less cold/heat transfer to the shooter's hand
- Cheekpiece infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel)
- Cheekpiece can be quickly removed and re-installed, uses a clamp and thumbscrew design
- The thumbscrew can be positioned on either the right or left side of the chassis
- Includes a simple feature to make the cheekpiece return to the exact height you set it
- Cheekpiece can be moved forward or backward with one alternate position
- Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face
- Adjustable with spacers in 3/8" increments with nearly 2 1/4” of adjustment range
- Minimum LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.7”-13” and can be extended to 14.8-15.1" with 6 spacers (technically even longer is possible with even more spacers)
- High Quality KRG recoil pad with Tool-less height and cant adjustments
- Buttstock has one position on each side for external QD cup and one position on each side for Sling Loop/QD mount (optional accessories)
- Buttstock includes mounting points for an optional bag rider/butthook or MOE L2 Picatinny rail
- Harris bipod stud included on forend
- Spigot Mount can be added to front of chassis
- Ambi QD sling plate can be mounted and provides 3 positions for QD sling or HK hook sling attachments